Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Transportation... and BB #9!







I caught baby # 9 yesterday!!! getting closer, and only one more shift left before I leave :) Hopefully I can get one last catch...
On a completely different note, I thought I'd show you how I get around over here. It is quite a colorful experience...literally! There are motor bikes, tricey cabs, motor tricey's, jeepneys, and regular old taxi's. Only took a jeepney once, its not my favorite :P Triceys are kind of a cab built around a bike or a motorcycle, and jeepneys are like an open air buses that make frequent stops. The motor bikes wait on corners or in the middle of the road:)
Here are some pics!

3 comments:

  1. They look like they belong in a kid's ride at an amusement park. I guess they're not battling large American Trucks and SUVs though, but still . . . I wonder what happens in case of an accident?

    2 more days, can't wait! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually there are quite a few suv's around, but traffic just moves slower, and they are a lot less aggressive. traffic is quite an interesting dance here. took a while to get used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics...and a taste of life over there. I can't believe you come home in 2 days. Woohoo! I hope baby #10 comes for you!

    ReplyDelete