Monday, July 12, 2010

My first Filipino Catch!!!!!




WoooHooo! I caught my first baby in the Phlippines today!
After a long but productive swing shift last night, I got to the house and caught up on some email Got to bed @ about 1am (had to chat with my bana) <3.

We all saunter in for "endorsements" (report for shift change), and one midwife was handing over a 9cm patient. The midwife in charge asked if I was catching yet, and I very calmly said I was, so she told me to head in there because she sounded "pushy".

Sure enough she was ready to go!... to the CR, that is. (CR= comfort room, which is what they call the bathroom or restroom). I tried to explain to her that it was the baby, and it wasn'
t more than 10min later that she had her baby in her arms!!! No laceration, no excess bleeding (two very common things here) Whew!

10 minutes of baby-catching, 3 hrs of paperwork :P But that's just the way it is. Her postpartum care went very smoothly, and I was able to discharge her before my shift ended.

Made Lisa's famous Hawaiian chicken for the house tonight. Everyone says "thank you" Lisa!!!

6 comments:

  1. So awesome Hope!!! Good for you! It's good to see that it's a well balanced mix of work and play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay! Congrats! That is so exciting! Love the pictures. You look like you are a natural, of course! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting to see you in action, and know that your are pursuing your passion and answering God's call. I love ya bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pix are great, Hope! I'm so happy for you. Where do you get all that energy, though? (I want some!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in your element. It's a wonderful thing to see. Blessings and strength and all good things to you, my beautiful friend.

    ReplyDelete