Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A pretty good day

Started today at 5am (that's REALLY early for me) and was on the day shift by 5:45. They had a very busy night, which meant a lot of postpartum care for the morning. I learned a lot about their routines, did some baby checks. checked in...then out some early labors, and tried to learn a little bit of the language. I have to observe, then chart, then assist a certain number of births at Mercy before I can "handle" (or be the primary midwife). I waited All Day and into the swing shift for our only labor of the day to deliver. It was worth it! I ended up not only observing 2 births, but getting some experience with injections (twice) for one, and charting the other. All in all, a very productive day! Sorry, no pics yet. :) Hugs!!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah... you arrived safely and are jumping right into the thick of it! So awesome!! I am excitedly reading all your posts and eagerly awaiting more.
    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got there safe and sound! It has been fun to read about your days. Sounds like you are learning a lot already! I'm looking forward to hearing more....
    Love you!
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete