Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A very productive day!!




Today started out with a lovely brunch with one of my Supervisors, Erin. It was the most fun I've ever had doing paperwork!! We drank iced coffee, and completed the forms and evaluations for my first 5 births.
I went straight from that to swing shift. When I arrived, there was a labor waiting for me, that seemed to have a ways to go. She just kept smiling away, but wanted to be checked. She was 10cm but had a lip of cervix, so I told her to keep breathing through contractions. About an hour later she started pushing, and had her baby out in 30 min (first time mom!).
So that's baby # 6!!! 5lbs 8oz...So cute!!
Still, she just kept on smiling:) The only time she stopped smiling was when she had to be sutured. Not fun for anyone, but it was my first opportunity do it! It was more complicated than we had thought upon the first evaluation, but I did just fine.
Now it's nearly midnight, and I should really go to sleep!
Hugs!!!

6 comments:

  1. So many things to celebrate in this post...
    Baby #6, completed paperwork, FUN paperwork, a smiling mom, suture experience. What a great day for you! I miss you soooo much! My summer is just not the same without my dear friend Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you Too!! Just a week and a half left!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, not like the first time moms you are used to. Did you slip her something so she'd finish before your shift ended? just kidding. 7 shifts remaining . . . can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suture experience. Now you're really a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! Great experience ... lovely supervisors.... you are a blessed woman. Go go go Hope!!

    ReplyDelete